Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 254 Something about you

When I was in my early teens, my dad lived near a set of railroad tracks (my parents are divorced and re-married).  If you crossed the tracks. you ended up in a field, and beyond the field was a stream and a few small ponds.  Sometimes, when I just need to get away, and spend some time alone (I had a sister and 3 step-sisters), I would wander back there, collect my thoughts, and enjoy nature.  Technically, I was trespassing, since the property was owned by the city, and the public waters works.  But I would walk around there anyway, and I loved the peaceful feeling I would get from my strolls.  Sometimes more than one of us would venture back there, and sometimes the whole family would go for a dip in the stream on hot days.

Anyway, today the property is still owned by the city, but it has now been transformed into a beautiful public botanical garden and park.  I absolutely love it!  They wanted to preserve as much of the natural beauty, but add some more to it.  I think they did an amazing job!  On this day, I suggested we go there and walk around (or ride our big wheel!).


It wasn't until I got home and looked at my pictures did I realize I didn't capture most of the beauty of this park has to offer.  I tend to be focused on other subjects!  But I know I will be here many times, so maybe I will share more at another visit!

The whole time I was there it brought back wonderful memories!  I am so glad my children can enjoy it now too!

1 comment:

  1. Did you photoshop her from the first to the second last shot. One foot up very cute! Ah Professional Models know how to pose.

    ReplyDelete